The breathable version of PhotonFoil, designed for cold side installation.
PhotonFrame is a highly breathable thin reflective, composite insulation designed for installation on the cold side of timber frame structures. PhotonFrame is constructed with a high density glasswool core encased in micro-perforated low emissivity outer layers.
PhotonFrame was developed to fill a technical niche for our timber frame housing customers who typically use PhotonFoil (AVCL) on the warm side of a wall but wanted a breathable version to install on the cold side.
Whilst PhotonFrame was developed for timber frame new build housing it has been specified into a few more interesting Modern Methods of Construction (MMC) projects where energy and moisture management is critical; it is surprising how many applications can be found for it!
PhotonFrame can also be installed in combination with PhotonFoil to deliver Passivhaus standards of insulation with regular 140mm glass filled studs.
- Core R value with 2 air spaces 2.35 M2K/W
- Achieves a 0.17 U-value with 140mm λ 0.035 glasswool; 0.15 when combined with PhotonFoil
- Water vapour resistance 0.22 MN.s/g.m
- Emissivity 0.05
- 50mm flaps on all sides, avoiding double thickness under battens
- Easy to cut and screws without snagging
- A1 non-combustible core
- Tested to BS EN 16012:2012 + A1:2015 including λ90/90
Find out more on these subjects in our FAQs or here for CAD/PDF drawings