Thin, reflective insulation at a price you want to pay.
PhotonFoil is a thin, reflective composite insulation for loft conversions, timber frame and re-roofing projects.
Constructed as an excellent vapour and air leakage barrier PhotonFoil has a high density glasswool core, encased in very low emissivity outer layers.
The use of high density glasswool at its core gives PhotonFoil a number of benefits over polyester based multifoils:
- 50mm flaps on all sides, avoiding double thickness under battens
- Easier to cut and screws without snagging
- Better λ90/90 thermal performance
- Fire resistance - A1 non-combustible core
- Core R value 0.97 M2K/W
- Core R value with 2 air spaces 2.35 M2K/W
- Achieves a 0.18 U-value with 65mm foiled rigid insulation
- Emissivity 0.05
- LABC Registered Details
- Tested to BS EN 16012:2012 + A1:2015 including λ90/90
Find out more on these subjects in our FAQs